Sorry for the lengthy delay in updating the blog. We went home to meet our beautiful niece who was born last week! I will work on updating over the next few days.
Word to the Wise: This is a good dish to add mushrooms to if you want, though I was out so I did not. You could also add a splash of balsamic vinegar. I topped mine with goat cheese and Joe topped his with mozarella.
Serving Size: 3-4
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Eggplant,
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Peel eggplant. Slice into quarter size pieces.
- Place 1 tbsp olive oil and heat. Add diced onion and garlic to pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add eggplant and 3tbsp olive oil. Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- If necessary, add another 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Let cook until eggplant is tender.
- Serve hot, add cheese if desired.