I made this for a potluck this weekend. Personally, I loved it. It is fresh and light. Sorry for the lack of picture - I completely forgot!
Word to the Wise: The pomegranate seeds are optional. They add a nice crunch to the dish but dont need to be used.
Lebanese Roasted Eggplant Salad
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Drizzle the eggplant with 1 tbs of the oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a baking tray or sheet and roast for 20 mins until browned, popping the tomatoes on the tray for the final five minutes.
- Tear the flatbread or pita into pieces and place on a separate baking sheet. Brown in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- For the dressing, place the vinegar, mint, chopped shallot, chili, remaining oil and some salt and pepper in a food processor and blend. If it is too thick, add another tsp of olive oil.
- Place the eggplant and tomatoes in a bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds. Pour over the dressing and chill.
- When ready to serve, add the toasted pita/flatbread.