This spicy rub followed by a sweet honey and apple glaze is the perfect combination. The skin was just the right level of crispness and the chicken thigh was juicy and moist. The sweetness of the honey/cider vinegar glaze hits your tounge first, followed by the spicy rub. It is an easy recipe to throw together with ingredients that are almost guaranteed to be in your pantry. It requires no marinating so it took all of 20 minutes from start to finish. Just the type of recipe I need for a last minute meal. I served it with a small side salad, as well as a lentil and kale sautee.
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs
Servings: 4 chicken thighs
Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
Nutrients per Serving: 110.9 calories; 3.3g fat; 57.3mg cholesterol; 657.0mg sodium; 251.3mg potassium; 7.6g carbohydrates; 14.3g protein
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken thighs
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Prepare a small cookie sheet by covering it with foil and spraying it lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Add chicken thighs to bowl and toss to coat them thoroughly.
- Turn broiler on.
- Place chicken on pan and broil chicken for 5 minutes on each side. Careful not to let cook any longer or dry rub will burn.
- Combine honey and cider vinegar in a bowl. Whisk together.
- Remove chicken from oven and brush honey/cider mixture on chicken.
- Broil 2-3 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush honey/cider mixture on the second side.
- Broil 2-3 minutes.
- Make a mini-slice in the under side of one piece of chicken to ensure that it is thoroughly cooked.