Apparently kale chips are the new craze. Either that or I am a bit late to the party. In any situation, kale is CHEAP. Let me emphasize that. Kale is dirt cheap. I'm talking $0.99 a bunch cheap. Which means you can make this tasty treat for next to nothing and in under 20 minutes. As if I haven't already convinced you, just to throw in one more perk, kale is also extraordinarily healthy. Check it out here for the benefits.
- Sea Salt Kale Chips (sea salt)
- Spicy Kale Chips (cayenne pepper)
- Garlic Kale Chips (garlic powder)
- Parmesan Kale Chips (parmesan cheese)
Kale Chips 4 Ways
- 1 bunch of kale (or more if you would like)
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Line baking sheets with foil and preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Pull leaves away from the thick stem and spread onto baking sheet. They can be packed closely together.
- Drizzle olive oil over them. For 1 full pan worth of kale leaves, I would use about 2-3tbsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle sea salt (about 1 tbsp) on all of the leaves.
- I divided the tray into 4 sections so I could try each type of chips. Sprinkle about 1-2 tsp of the seasoning onto the section of the tray for that flavor. (Garlic chips = 1-2 tsp garlic powder; Spicy chips = 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper; Parmesan chips = 1-2 tsp parmesan cheese)
- Place baking sheet in oven and cook for 12-15 minutes. Keep an eye out because they do burn easily.
- Serve hot or cold. Store in tupperware.