You have a few options for how to actually make the "pasta". You can use a mandolin with the julienne attachment. That is what I did and it worked really well. There is also a nifty tool I read about called the spiralizer. Everything I have read makes it seem worth the money. It may be a future investment for this gal. If you dont have either of those tools, take the unpeeled zucchini and thinly slice it or use the vegetable peeler to just keep peeling away at the unpeeled zucchini. Play with it and figure out what works best for you.
- 6 small-medium zucchini (you can also use yellow squash or mix the two)
- Place a pot of water on the stove and let it come to a boil.
- While waiting, use a vegetable peeler to peel all of the zucchini.
- Pick the method you are going to use to create the "pasta" and slice/peel/julienne/spiralize away.
- Take the zucchini "pasta" and put it in the pot of boiling water for 1 minuted to blanch it.
- After one minute dump it into a colander and run cold water over it or into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain it and serve like pasta with tomato sauce, alfredo sauce, pesto, or this zucchini "pasta" salad with thai peanut sauce.
*This is gluten free