First things first, a sald spinner may seem like one of those superfluous gadgets but it's not. It is such a helpful thing to have on hand and it doubles as a great storage tool for a large, premade salad. Oxo's Good Grips salad spinner is the perfect spinner to have on hand. It is big, but not too big. The clear bowl works well as a serving dish so that you don't have to transfer your salad to yet another bowl. It works like this: chop your lettuce or put in pre-chopped lettuce or spinach (or any other leafy greens for that matter), run it under the tap, pop the top on and lock it, push the knob to get things spinning and then press the little rubber button to stop the spinner. Empty out the water in the main bowl and repeat a second time. Dump the water one more time and transfer the salad out of the strainer into the clear bowl. When you are ready to store, simply put the top on, lock it and refrigerate. Really, it doesn't get much simpler than this. Plus, the whole thing - top, strainer, and bowl - are all dishwasher safe. Well thanks to Oxo, I have one of their Large Salad Spinners to giveaway to a lucky SFHL reader.
I also have a fabulous Strawberry Basil Salad Dressing recipe I made and served over a spinach salad with shallots, mushrooms, fresh sliced strawberries and a bit of crumbled feta. Of course the spinach was cleaned and subsequently stored in my Oxo Good Grips Salad Spinner. Here's what you need:
Strawberry Basil Salad Dressing
- 1.5-2 cups strawberries, de-stemmed and halved
- 4 large leaves basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender or Vitamix and puree until smooth, approximately 30 seconds.
- Serve over fresh baby spinach, chopped baby bella mushrooms, diced onion or sliced shallots, thinly sliced strawberries and freshly crumbled feta.
Okay, so now you want to know how to win a Oxo Good Grips Salad Spinner? It's pretty simple. There is one mandatory entry and five additional, optional entries. Leave a separate comment for each of the entries and make sure to include your email address so that I can contact the winner. The giveaway will end Sunday, April 11 at 11:59p.m. I will select a winner using random.org next Monday, April 12 and you will have 24 hours to respond before I pick a new winner.
- MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment telling me what your favorite salad or salad dressing is. Recipes are always appreciated!
- Like Simple Food Healthy Life on facebook.
- Like Oxo on facebook.
- Follow Simple Food Healthy Life on twitter.
- Follow Oxo on Twitter.
- Tweet the following message: I entered to win an @Oxo Salad Spinner from @smplfdhlthylfe. Enter to win at http://ow.ly/9Xbmz by Sunday, April 11 at 11:59p.m. Please RT.
Disclaimer: Oxo provided the Good Grips Salad Spinner to review at no cost. No additional compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.