Today I have a rare meat dish for you, which means its gotta be both simple and tasty. I knew I was making Mashed Cauliflower for a side dish but clearly I needed a main dish for this dinner (at least for the boy in the house). So, what better to have on the side than a spicy chicken dish with a bit of melted cheese and fresh popped cherry tomatoes. If you prefer not to eat chicken, toss in 1-2 cups of fresh or sauteed kale and grape tomatoes for a great main dish.
Spicy Cayenne Chicken
Recipe per 4 chicken breast cutlets
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or a mexican shredded cheese blend)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix cumin and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- If you didn't buy thin chicken breast cutlets, you will want to pound your chicken breasts to make them thin. Place them in between two pieces of siran wrap, on a hard surface, and pound them until they are thin.
- Place pounded chicken breasts in a bowl. Coat with olive oil and spices. Mix with your hands to thoroughly coat them.
- Place chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. I used a 9x9 pyrex dish. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and add the tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle them over the chicken breasts. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken one more time and sprinkle the cheese over top. Cook chicken for another 3 minutes.