Making your own bread crumbs allows you to control what goes into the recipe. No extra sugars, or unnecessary additives here. Its quick and easy and breadcrumbs can be stored in an airtight container for months.The spices are optional. If you prefer plain bread crumbs, just follow steps 1 and 2. If you want an italian seasoning, then add in the herbs below.
Homemade Bread Crumbs
Serving Size: Every 4 slices of bread you use will produce approximately 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Whole wheat bread, no fewer than 4 slices
- Dried rosemary, 1 tsp per 4 slices of bread
- Dried thyme, 1 tsp per 4 slices of bread
- Dried basil, 1 tsp per 4 slices of bread
- Garlic powder, 1 tsp per 4 slices of bread
- Toast your bread until crisp, making sure its not burnt.
- Place bread into food processor and pulse until consistency is as desired. The finer, the better.
- Add herbs and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Store in airtight container.