For better or worse, I'm a dessert person. I love a tasty treat in the evening after dinner. In an effort to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, the nightly servings of ice cream had to go, as did the cookies and brownies that made an appearance a bit too often during those 9 months. Since I can't seem to give up "dessert," I have gone on a hunt for healthier substitutes. I found this recipe from The Lean Green Bean while browsing Pinterest and made some slight modifications. The result is a tasty snack/desser/late night treat that is far better for you than that double scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream ...and almost as good.
Frozen Yogurt Bars
Servings: 12 bars
- 3 cups 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup low fat granola
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place bananas and strawberries in food processor and pulse until chopped into bite size pieces.
- Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Line 9×13 pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Spread mix in pan and place in freezer until frozen, at least 3 hours.
- Flips yogurt bars onto hard surface. Cut into 12 pieces.
- Store in airtight container. If you need to stack the bars, separate layers with parchment paper.